Note: This episode includes descriptions of extreme violence, NSFW
The collective agreement, at least in Western media, seems to be that 2016 was a bad year. Unprecedented climate change, technological unemployment, the rise of increasingly totalitarian governments & leaders like Donald Trump and Teresa May, the nearly daily terrorist attacks all over the world, the massacre of Aleppo in Syria… It can feel like the world is going into an apocalypse.
Duncan Trussell Gets Apocalyptic
In this episode, we talk to comedian and podcaster Duncan Trussell. We start off talking about climate change and the effects it’s having on people’s everyday lives already.
The conversation then goes to the political situation in Turkey and Syria is being portrayed in the media, and how the situation is often a lot less black and white. We also discuss the existential threat of terrorism in the current world versus the technologically advanced future.
Later in the episode, we get into some conspiracy theory and talk about propaganda, and how psychedelics and other consciousness exploration activities can lift the veil of the Maya illusion.
This episode is part 1 of the 2-part conversation. Part 2 gets weirder – we talk about magick and the astral dimension!If you take LSD and watch the news, a weird window opens up & you see unfiltered reality Click To Tweet
In This Episode of Future Thinkers Podcast
- Climate change and its effects
- Living in the beginning of the apocalypse
- The importance of looking at what is true & real
- Is terrorism a major existential threat to humanity, and what to do about it?
- Why people in the West need to be more resilient
- The role of people like Edward Snowden and Julian Assange
- The dome of propaganda and peeking behind it
- The simulation hypothesis and Maya illusion
“If you take LSD and watch the news, any conditioning that’s been planted inside of you by corporations or states or whatever, it doesn’t work for a second. A weird window opens up and you see unfiltered reality.” – Duncan Trussell
Mentions and Resources:
- Duncan Trussell Family Hour podcast
- More Duncan Trussell
- Future Thinkers Community
- Cutting Machinery website – companion to our meditation app
- Our Incubator and Sponsorship Program
More From Future Thinkers:
- Our 5-part Interview with Vinay Gupta on Blockchains, The Future, and Enlightenment (FTP018, 19, 26, 27, 28)
- Existential Risks to Humanity with Phil Torres (FTP023)
- Minecraft, Virtual Reality and The Simulation Hypothesis (FTP005)
Start Cultivating Resillience
Get the meditation app we developed with Vinay Gupta
Thank You to Our Sponsor!