People everywhere are waking up. Thanks to open information sharing via The Internet, more and more people are realizing that the entities that currently govern our world do not serve the majority.
The destruction of the environment, the bank bailouts, the corporate profiteering, the growing national debt of many countries, the governments and corporations spying on people – all of these are symptoms of a dying system.
Moreover, these governmental and corporate entities are not willing to adapt to the exponential growth of new platforms and technologies that will enable everyone’s access to information and to peer-to-peer trading of goods and services (just look at the resistance to companies like Uber). In the world of exponential change, linear systems like governments and traditional business simply cannot survive for much longer. A revolution is imminent.
In this episode, Mike and I talk about this coming revolution, the move to decentralized systems, and what we all need to do to prepare for this new world.
In this episode of The Future Thinkers Podcast:
- Why we need to switch to decentralized systems
- Becoming independent and anti-fragile
- Focusing on solving the world’s problems
- Weening ourselves from current systems
- How exponential technologies will change the world
- Near zero marginal cost society
Mentions & Resources
- The Venus Project website
- Zeitgeist Movement website
- Peer-to-peer clean energy startup
- Peter Diamandis on the exponential revolution
- Uber & AirBnB
- The Venus Project documentary
- The Zeitgeist Movement documentary
- Russel Brand’s “Trews” – political ramblings and humor
- Revolution: An instruction manual
Mentioned & Recommended Books:
Revolution by Russel Brand
Listen & Subscribe:
Help us make more episodes! Donate through Patreon, Paypal, or cryptocurrency HERE.