In this second part of our interview with Dr. Kirby Surprise on Synchronicity, he delves into topics which he refrained from putting in his Synchronicity book. This episode is about his personal views and mythology around spirituality, synchronicity, shamanism, ayahuasca and magic.
Dr. Kirby Surprise on Ayahuasca and Synchronicity
Trained as a Ayahuascero in Peru and having a PhD in clinical Psychology puts Dr. Kirby Surprise in a unique position of being a sort of a licensed shaman.
He explains that psychedelics are a general amplifying tool and talks about the ways they can be beneficial, but also harmful and even deadly to neurons when done too much or with the wrong set and setting.
Dr. Kirby Surprise explains how different types of mind altering substances affect our ability to produce synchronicities, and how to use them to connect to our subconscious.
The conversation continues into the beneficial effects of MAOI compounds like harmine on mood disorders and ageing.
He also touches on his experience with studying the western magic tradition and explains his understanding of how it works.Don't believe stuff just because you think it. Click To Tweet
In This Episode of Future Thinkers Podcast:
The art of changing your mental operating system
The benefits of ayahuasca and other psychedelics
DMT as a visualization tool for mental data processing
Microdosing with psychedelics
The positive effects of harmine for depression and ageing
How to talk to your unconscious through synchronicitiesSynchronicity is the core of practical magic. Real magic is thought form engineering. Click To Tweet
“I think one of the most unfortunate things in most societies is that they place legal limits on the things that you can experiment with, because one or two percent of people are going to do themselves in with it. And that restricts the cognitive freedoms of everybody else.” – Dr. Kirby surprise
“The original studies of people taking Ayahuasca in Peru found that the populations that were taking it were healthier physically, emotionally, and better psychologically organized than the matched control groups.” – Dr. Kirby Surprise
Mentions and Resources:
- Dr. Kirby Surprise on the science of synchronicity (Part 1 of this interview)
- The ayahuasca effect article by Dr. Kirby Surprise
- Dr. Kirby Surprise’ Ph.D. work on Personality Traits of North American Ayahuasca Drinkers
- Jason Louv
- The useful effects of harmala alkaloids in syrian rue seeds (aka peganum harmala seeds)
- Synchronicity: The Art of Coincidence, Choice, and Unlocking Your Mind by Kirby Surprise
- Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge by Terrance McKenna
- Esoteric Healing: A Treatise on the Seven Rays by Alice Bailey
- Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by Carl Jung
More From Future Thinkers:
- How Psychedelics Changed My Life (FTP021)
- DMT – Crazy Psychedelic or Portal to Other Dimensions? (FTP022)
- The Three Bodies and the different levels of consciousness (FTP020)
- Our 5-part series with Vinay Gupta on Enlightenment etc. (FTP018, 19, 26, 27, 28)
Thank You to Our Sponsor!