Blockchain as a collective planetary brain. Voice by Vince Meens. Produced by Future Thinkers. Sponsored by Aeternity.
When I think of the future, I don't think of the one with war, rising unemployment, refugees, reality show politics, or some hostile artificial intelligence takeover.I think of the one where we harness new technologies and systems to give our time, freedom, and security back.
Do you ever wonder why we're here? Where we're going? For thousands of years people have been seeking answers to these questions through transcendent stated of consciousness, such as meditation.It is more important than ever to look within. To reach for a deeper understanding. To lift the veil from...
This is the first video in our video series Deep Breath. What if Artificial Intelligence was enlightened? Video Transcript: I find it interesting that there are so many dystopian visions about Artificial Intelligence in popular culture and media nowadays. The Terminator or The Matrix situation, where it’s a hostile takeover...
Latest Podcast Episode
- FTP039: Dr. Jordan Peterson on Archetypes, Psychedelics and Enlightenment
- FTP038: Jordan B. Peterson on Mapping the Mind, Failed Utopias, and Finding Meaning
- FTP037: Synchronicity with Kirby Surprise
- FTP036: Phase Shifting Humanity with Daniel Schmachtenberger
- FTP035: Duncan Trussell - Manipulating Reality
- FTP034: Duncan Trussell - Apocalypse and The Cognitive Vertigo of Reality
- FTP033: Blockchain - The Building Blocks for a New Society, with Vince Meens
- FTP032: Smart Cities of The Future with Aric Dromi
- FTP031: Basic Income with Scott Santens
- FTP030: Robin Hanson - The Age of Em
- FTP029: The Death of The DAO and Codifying Ethics
- FTP028: Vinay Gupta Pt 5 - Enlightenment for the Future of Humanity
- FTP027: Vinay Gupta Pt 4 - The Practical Steps to Enlightenment
- FTP026: Vinay Gupta Pt 3 - What Is Enlightenment?
- FTP025: Cyborg Buddha - James Hughes on Transhuman Enlightenment
- FTP024: David Brin - Building Future Societies with Transparency and Freedom
- FTP023: Existential Risks to Humanity - Interview with Phil Torres
- FTP022: DMT Insights - Entities, Dimensions, and Reality
- FTP021: Psychedelics Changes My Life
- FTP020: Consciousness and The Three Bodies
- FTP019: Vinay Gupta Pt 2 - Hakuna Matata, Space Pharaoh!
- FTP018: Vinay Gupta Pt 1 - Techno-Social Systems
- FTP017: Sci Fi, Copyright, and The Sharing Economy
- FTP016: Vitalik Buterin on Ethereum and Decentralized Platforms
- FTP015: Zoltan Istvan on the Future of Politics and Transhumanism
- FTP014: The Exponential Revolution
- FTP013: Conscious Evolution - Eliminating Discrimination
- FTP012: The Future of Marketing is Storytelling
- FTP011: Bitcoin and Decentralized Open-Source Platforms
- FTP010: Nikola Danaylov on Shaping Our Own Future
- FTP009: The Future of Education
- FTP008: The Future of Work with Jon Myers and Terry Lin
- FTP007: Transhumanism and Evolution with Jesse Lawler
- FTP006: Individuality and The Borg
- FTP005: Minecraft and Virtual Reality
- FTP004: Human-AI Relationships and "Her" The Movie
- FTP003: The Fermi Paradox
- FTP002: Creativity and Singularity
- FTP001: Technology and Spirituality
On Our Bookshelf
- Thank you for Vinay Gupta!May 3, 2017 by ManidFromKazakhstan from United States
The best person to talk to about the future, Ethereum and all that.
- The single most enlightening podcast I've ever listened to.April 19, 2017 by Qweopzol from United States
Episode 35 which I just finished listening to was the single most complete vision of a truly just world which is beneficial to everyone and the universe that I had ever heard. I'd highly recommend Future Thinkers to anyone dearly fascinated about the future and about the world around them. The hosts are truly intelligent, creative, and well educated! It was a joy to listen to!
- one of the bestApril 11, 2017 by KT3570 from United States
One of the best podcasts I've run into in a while. Mike and Euvie are brilliant interviewers and the content is always cutting edge, massively relevant to the weird crazy world-in-transition we are living in. Tech and consciousness/spirituality have to walk hand in hand and Future Thinkers delivers a lovely balance. Keep up the great work M & E!
- Thank you!!March 26, 2017 by MaggieJaneSteel from Australia
Hi Guys! I saw you both present at Z Day in Brisbane yesterday. I left feeling so inspired and my partner and I immediately subscribed to your podcast. Thank you for all your insight, keep it up!!!
- Great talks, interesting topics and peopleMarch 11, 2017 by jnystromdesign from Sweden
One of my favorite pods. Great spread of topics that range from Transhumanism, Cryptocurrencies to Chaos Magic. - A feast for thought!
- Perfect for childrenFebruary 20, 2017 by Snackitty yumms from United States
I love a good podcast on consciousness!! This is a great next step after you run out of Terrence McKenna talks.
- Great PodcastJanuary 31, 2017 by Hamburger Biker from Germany
Great Podcast! I like your sophisticated views, insights and interview partners!
- imaginative and stimulatingJanuary 11, 2017 by meanbrew from Canada
Recently discovered this podcast and it is my new favorite. An antidote to all that other media output with its relentlessly dystopic and cynical worldview. The hosts are well informed, engaging people inspired by the usual luminaries. Have a listen and pass it on!
- Educating & InspiringDecember 19, 2016 by Petar Ju. from United States
They cover such a huge range of subjects you'd wonder how is it possible they know so much about so much. After seeing their book list on the website, I no longer wonder :D. Besides their book list, it's obvious they also do a lot of research into futurology, blockchain, and some other topics that are not yet very well covered in literature. Keep up the great work, you're changing the world without even realizing how much. 5/5 no doubt.
- Hands down my favorite podcast out there!!December 15, 2016 by app kenner 17 from United States
I listened to many podcasts over the last years while running and while being in planes. And this is by far my favorite of all of them. The reasons? I can really relate to these people and even more importantly I rate podcasts on how much I learn in them. And in no other podcast have I learned as much about Blockchain, Vinay Gupta, Basic Income and ways to improve our future! Plus I have to give credit to this app for encouraging me to start meditation - a fact that has significantly improved my life !! Keep rocking it please :))
- Episode 6October 16, 2016 by Angelabsurd from United States
Loved the show, I support the message. Thanks for following the urge to do a podcast ??.
- SpectacularOctober 9, 2016 by Ca9109 from United States
Interesting topics and wonderful people ??✊?.
- FantasticAugust 5, 2016 by Nick5a1 from Australia
I was so thrilled that Euvie and Mike have brought back more episodes this year. I've listened to many, many podcasts and The Future Thinkers podcast is easily my favourite. I love the wide-ranging, future-oriented topics that are explored. Sometimes I think I know a fair bit about a topic and sometimes it is completely new to me, but either way I am always learning something, getting new perspectives into the technology and other forces that will shape our future, and I am thoroughly enjoying every episode. I am absolutely loving the newer interview format and am discovering lots of great people and books and other topics to go follow and explore. Keep up the excellent work! PS. Love the episode artwork!
- On the edgeJuly 27, 2016 by Wisky Bravvo from Australia
Fresh, new content on futurist topics that make me want to know more from the hosts and their fantastic guest. Akuna Matata Space Monkey!
- Great podcast!June 10, 2016 by Be-daz from United States
I just found this podcast this week and have been binge listening while I work. Love it!!
- Favorite podcastJune 5, 2016 by MSantore from United States
I've been looking for an up to date resource on AI and other technologies. I love your podcast so much thank you!
- Great Podcast!May 31, 2016 by Gaudier a from United States
Amazing content. Highly recommended.
- Love it.May 27, 2016 by KristyHannah from Australia
This is so interesting. The guests are so different and insightful. I love the host's attitude toward life and how you run the show. I've learnt so much already and love that this show reminds us to have hope. The world isn't broken, yet... The guests prove this. Peace ✌?️
- One of my favoritesMay 12, 2016 by TherealKennyrowe from United States
Interesting guests and fascinating topics, what else do need?
- Truly peeking into the future!April 12, 2016 by PantanellaDandilion from Brazil
This podcast is really great in every episode; the conversations are meaningful and sometimes it’s good to actually re-listen. Lots of great stuff about the future, and how humanity is changing and going to change even more.Became my favourite podcast, for sure!
- Amazing!February 18, 2016 by Gerad Simon from United States
Just listened to all 19 episodes over the last month or so and it has really changed my life for the better. I just love these hosts! I've been inspired to spend more time creating, learning, philosophying, and what not. Thanks so much for all the great content, hope to see more come out soon!
- Great PerspectiveJuly 5, 2015 by PermaPunk from United States
A really solid podcast- the hosts are fun to listen to, and they have had some really good guests. AND, the production is good, which makes it easy to listen to.
- Great!!June 17, 2015 by Jewel122333 from United States
I listened to your podcast everyday on the train. Really gets the brain pumping. And helps narrows the purpose of my actions in everyday life.
- Expanding minds and horizons...April 14, 2015 by mjarkiver from United States
Future Thinkers is a well-produced, visionary podcast. Mike and Euvie are thinking and talking about big issues, the very things that should concern us as a species. I do a similar-themed podcast with a friend called Robot Overlordz. We've been thrilled to have both of them as guests on our show to share these perspectives. Everyone should check out this amazing show. I'm just starting on their interview with Zoltan Istvan (the 2016 Transhumanist candidate for U.S. president) and loving it so far. Can't wait to see what they bring us in the future...
- Great podcastMarch 17, 2015 by Raypanton from Australia
Great poscast, very intelligent hosts and guests. Especially if you are younger like me (21) you will learn a lot about self educating and entrepreneurship. Keep it up guys, you are providing great insight for me and others I'm sure.
- Educate and InspireNovember 21, 2014 by SupaSix from United States
Absolutely inspiring, keep the episodes coming.
- GreatAugust 25, 2014 by Evan West from United States
This podcast is great. The hosts provide amazing insight into very complicated topics. If you care about the future, you should listen to this show.
- SweetAugust 23, 2014 by Kc077 from United States
- IncredibleAugust 8, 2014 by Anirn from United States
- Listened to all 7 Episodes. Love it!June 20, 2014 by Farewell VHS from United States
Future Thinkers is a mix of spirituality like buddhism, philosophy and technology speculation. Mike and Euvie will make you think through Minecraft existential poems, dreams of butterflies and Chinese Philosophers and how we value individualism vs merging into the borg. And many more things!Also, it’s really great having a female perspective on this stuff. Like other tech fields, Transhumanism and Singularity subjects are “mostly” male run, so I love hearing Euvie’s opinions. Not that Mike doesn’t bring lots to the table as well, but it’s a fresh twist :)