OPTION 1: LOAN
- WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU FIRST
It doesn’t make sense to give people a permanent spot on the property without first getting to know each other better. A loan that can be converted into rental of a spot on the property (and potentially some form of ownership at a later date) gives us the chance to get to know each other without risking a whole lot or creating a lot of obligation for either side. If that doesn’t work out, you still get the loan minus rental costs paid out with interest.
- THE LEGAL STRUCTURE IS COMPLICATED & EXPENSIVE
The legal structure for co-ownership of a property is complicated & expensive to set up, and requires us to navigate a lot of bureaucratic red tape. We will still pursue this path in some form after we own the property, but not before.
- THE LEGAL STRUCTURE WILL TAKE TOO LONG
We have until the end of October to raise the funds and complete the purchase of the property. If we were to build out the legal structure for co-ownership now, it may take up to several years to complete, and we’d lose the property.
We’re looking to raise 2,000,000 CAD (2 Million) in the first round of funding. We’ll be using 1.3M to acquire the property and the remaining amount for renovations, upgrades, salaries, and some new structures.
- Online community, events, and services:
- Free access to the Future Thinkers online community
- Free or discounted event tickets
- Free online courses & workshops
- Option to exchange a portion of your loan for services (when available):
- Event sponsorships
- Accommodation for short-term stays
- Co-living & co-working
- Farm food
- Maker space
- Studio access
- More to be determined…
Each person we work with will have different requirements. To make sure everyone has a good experience, we have to limit the number of lenders we work with.
Revenue streams include:
- Rentals & Services (co-working, co-living, food, maker space, media studio)
- Events (retreats / workshops)
- Sponsorships (events, documentary, & the podcast)
- Future investments into the company
OPTION 2: DONATE
If you just want to see this project happen and don’t care about giving us a loan, you can always donate, and we’ll be happy to include your name in the credits of our upcoming doc series about the smart village.