We are looking for a social media manager to help us run and grow the social channels associated with our two podcasts, Future Thinkers and Crypto Radio.
Future Thinkers is a podcast about philosophy, technology, and consciousness. Our goal is to help transition humanity into a more sustainable future. The podcast has been featured in iTunes Top 40, Forbes, BBC, and many other publications. We interview the top thinkers, diving deep into each topic. We publish 2-3 episodes per month.
We also have a second podcast, Crypto Radio, where we interview thought leaders and startup founders in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. We publish up to 8 episodes per month.
Position: Social Media Manager
- Time commitment: Part time (20 hrs / week), potentially leading to full time
- Location: Remote, but prefer someone based in Europe
Experience and skills:
- Fluent in English, with excellent communication skills
- 2+ years experience working as a social media manager, content marketer, or similar field
- Experienced in the management and growth of profiles on key platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Reddit.
- Good understanding of the different language styles and specific content types that work best on each platform.
- Experienced in the use of various social media analytics tools (Facebook for business, etc), and social media scheduling apps (i.e. SocialBee, Buffer, Hootsuite, etc)
- Some experience in paid social media ads is a bonus, but not required
- You are organized, diligent, and responsible
- You are independent, a self-starter. You know what needs to get done even if you haven’t been instructed to do it
- You find yourself on social media every day, finding and creating intelligent content. This is what you love doing, and would be doing it even if you weren’t paid for it (although this is a paid position)
- You are curious and love acquiring new skills and learning about new ideas
- You are familiar with the subjects we cover on Future Thinkers and find them fascinating
- You are interested in blockchain technology and decentralization. If you are knowledgeable in this area, it’s a bonus, but is not required
Your responsibilities at will be:
- Distributing new content to top social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc)
- Scheduling and recycling existing content using social media scheduling apps
- Finding and curating related content from other creators on our social channels
- Interacting with influencers and followers
- Analyzing traffic and engagement of posts, adjusting posting strategy accordingly
- Keeping social media channels active and relevant on a daily basis
How to apply:
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected], listing your relevant experience, skills, where you are located, and why you are interested in this position
- Bonus: send us a short video of yourself telling us why you want to work with us (upload it as “unlisted” to Youtube)
- Make “Social Media Manager Application” the title of your message