This is the beginning of our series of interviews with Ken Wilber.
Ken Wilber is the author of over 25 books and the creator of Integral Theory, which has been one of the most influential frameworks for understanding the stages of human development. For that he’s been sometimes called the “Einstein of consciousness studies”.
This is a multi-part interview, and we start by talking about Integral Theory from a historical perspective, and the current stage of societal development. Ken also offers his comments of Jordan Peterson’s interpretation of awakening and Greta Thunberg’s climate activism.
In Part 2, we talk about the transition to so-called 2nd tier stages of human development. Ken comments on the Metamodernism movement, and identifies the people who embody 2nd tier thinking right now.There is enormous amount of truth out there, but most schools focus only on one little area - @TheKenWilber Click To Tweet
In This Episode of Future Thinkers:
- What is the main problem with the world today?
- Integral Theory ans AQAL framework
- Historical perspective on consciousness and developmental studies
- Why “growing up” is not included in any major religious or spiritual system
- What is the obstacle to resolving climate crisis?
- How we can cooperate better to solve global problems
- Ken’s commentary of Greta Thunberg’s climate activism
- Eight stages of human development
- Ken’s commentary of Jordan Peterson’s awakening process
- Metamodernism movement and Integral Theory
- The percentage of people who are on 2nd tier stage of development right now
- What we can do to arrive to the tipping point of 10% of people at the 2nd tier
- Who are the people who embody the 2nd tier thinking
Resources and Mentions From This Episode:
- Greta Thunberg’s Speech at the UN
- Jordan Peterson describes his awakening process
- Ken Wilber: ‘Jordan Peterson and the Evolution of Thought
- Rebel Wisdom: Integral Meets The Intellectual Dark Web by David Fuller and Jeff Salzman
- Integral Psychology by Ken Wilber
- The Great Chain of Being by Arthur Lovejoy
- Levels of Human Existence by Clare Graves
- Essays in Zen Buddhism by Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki
- Archaeology of Knowledge by Michel Foucault
- The War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers
More From Future Thinkers:
- FTP101: Rebel Wisdom – Who Are the Intellectual Deep Web?
- FTP039: Dr. Jordan Peterson – Archetypes, Psychedelics and Enlightenment
- FTP038: Dr. Jordan Peterson – Failed Utopias, Mapping the Mind, and Finding Meaning
- Future Thinkers interviews with Daniel Schmachtenberger
- Future Thinkers interviews with Jordan Greenhall