Welcome to the first episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast!
We created this podcast for all of you futurology geeks out there. We often get into these deep discussions about the future, technology, spirituality, the singularity, artificial intelligence, future societies, entrepreneurship, and other related topics. We decided to start recording these conversations, and later will invite thought leaders in these fields to be guests on the show. This isn’t a hard science podcast, but rather a podcast about futurist ideas and cutting edge concepts. We hope you enjoy it!
There are many dystopian scenarios that people come up with when they think about future Artificial Intelligence. The Matrix, Terminator, and many other pop culture examples come to mind. Of course, they’re just movies – but they do reflect a fear that many people have of AI getting out of control and taking over the world.
An Ai won’t have the same vulnerabilities, fears, or desires as us mere mortals.Will Artificial Superintelligence behave more like Terminator or Buddha? Click To Tweet
Why do people have this fear? Will future AI really be violent towards humans? And will we be able to live forever or radically extend our lives in the near future? These are some of the questions we discuss. We also talk about technology and spirituality, and where they intersect.
In this episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast
- How meditation may be a window into an AI’s thought process
- How Buddhist philosophy and technology intersect
- Why an AI may not have the ego, desires or fears of humans
- Living forever – why are people against the idea?
- Telomere research & studies of non-aging animals
Mentions & resources
- Abundance by Peter Diamandis
- Bold: How To Go Big, Make Bank and Better The World by Peter Diamandis & Steven Kotler
- The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil
- Industries of The Future by Alec Ross
More From Future Thinkers:
- The Science Behind Synchronicity with Dr. Kirby Surprise (FTP037)
- Failed Utopias, Mapping the Mind, and Finding Meaning with Dr. Jordan Peterson (FTP038)
- Possibilities of The Blockchain (FTP041)