Blockchain technology has been making its way into the mainstream over the last year. Far from its anarchist-leaning Bitcoin beginnings, it has been getting adopted by large banks and governments like Dubai. Because of its adoption by financial institution, blockchain has become almost analogous with financial technology (fintech) in the minds of many. Even outside of fintech, the blockchain is still a wallflower in the technology world.
But there are many other applications for the blockchain, both with and without financial transactions.
In this episode, we speak to Vince Meens, serial entrepreneur, technologist, and ex-CEO of Jetwise. Vince describes many unusual and innovative ideas about the blockchain to do with the sharing economy, identity and reputation, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, decentralized large-scale projects for good.
In This Episode of Future Thinkers Podcast
- Blockchain as a connective technology
- Blockchain for supply chain transparency
- Creating different social incentives with the blockchain
- Doing things that are bigger than ourselves
- Sharing economies & the internet of things
- Identity & reputation on the blockchain
- Interfacing with artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and other technologies
- A different perspective on supply & demand
- Technology of connection and community
- Investing in new technologies
Mentions and Resources
Vince Meens on LinkedIn
Steemit – Blockchain-based micropayment platform for content creators
IFTTT – process automation tools
Our Startup Incubator and Innovation Lab project
Zero Marginal Cost Society by Jeremy Rifkin
Industries of The Future by Alec Ross
Download The Meditation App:
Cutting Machinery Meditation with Vinay Gupta, for Android and iPhone
Get The Tech:
More From Future Thinkers:
Vitalik Buterin on Ethereum and Decentralization (FTP016)
Our 5-part Interview with Vinay Gupta on Blockchains, The Future, and Enlightenment (FTP018, 19, 26, 27, 28)
The Future of Human-Machine Relationships, HER Movie Review (FTP004)
Listen, Subscribe, and Leave a Review
Help Us Create More Podcasts & Videos
If you enjoy our podcast, consider donating through Patreon, Paypal, or cryptocurrency HERE.