The Fermi Paradox states that on one hand, the probability of alien civilizations is high. On the other hand, we don’t have any convincing evidence that such civilizations do exist. There are many proposed explanations for this paradox – some of them quite simple, some complex, and some outright bizarre.
Fermi Paradox Explanations
In this episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast, we go through some notable explanations of the Fermi Paradox, and discuss our own ideas on this topic. We get into many different scenarios, like extraterrestrial civilizations existing in other dimensions, STEM compression and the transcension hypothesis, AI-based intelligence, and virtual realities.Fermi Paradox: Why colonize empty space when you can build universes in your living room? Click To Tweet
In this episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast:
- What is the Fermi paradox? Why haven’t we discovered other intelligent life in the observable universe?
- The human perception being limited to only certain dimensions
- The transcension hypothesis and what it means
- STEM compression as a civilization gets more advanced
- Why we shouldn’t assume other intelligent species would be similar to humans
- Could other intelligent life be AI based?
Question of the day:
What do you think is the most plausible explanation of Fermi’s paradox? Answer in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you.
Mentions & Resources:
- Fermi Paradox
- The 10 dimensions explained, a somewhat controversial video
- Transcension hypothesis
- STEM compression by John Smart
- Voyager 1: The Golden Record
- If the Universe is Teeming with Aliens, Where Is Everybody? by Stephen Webb
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
More by Future Thinkers:
- Techno-social Systems and Space Exploration with Vinay Gupta (FTP018)
- Cyborg Buddha – Transhuman Enlightenment with James Hughes (FTP025)
- DMT: Crazy Psychedelic or a Portal to Another Dimension? (FTP022)
- What Are The Biggest Existential Risks to Humanity with Phil Torres (FTP023)
- Global Phase Shift with Schmachtenberger (FTP036)
Thank You to Our Sponsor!