Podcast: Play in new window | Download
***NOTE: In episode 1, we made a mistake and sent you to show notes for episode 2. The actual show notes for episode 1 are here.***
When I went to school (both in Russia and in Canada), “creative” subjects like art and music were considered to be some of the least important in the curriculum. On the other hand, subjects like math and science were over-emphasized, and positioned like career subjects. Now being an adult, I see how backwards that is. More and more, I find that creativity – especially creative problem solving – is a major keys to success. Some of the most successful people I know today are creators. They write books, produce podcasts and videos, publish blogs, and consistently try to come up with creative solutions in their lives and their work.
In this episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast, Mike and I talk about creativity and why we think it’s possibly the most important thing in the human life. We also talk about how creativity plays into the concept of the Technological Singularity.
We discuss the future of AI and humanity, and whether we will ever merge with Artificial Intelligence, and the role that nanotechnology may play in this.Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the world. - Arthur Schopenhauer Click To Tweet
In this episode of the Future Thinkers Podcast:
- Creativity as the meaning of life
- The Singularity and the exponential curve of technological progress
- Humans merging with AI, and the implications of it
- How the technological evolution and biological evolution are alike
- How the limiting perspective of the human experience can be good for creativity
Mentions & Resources:
- Ray Kurzweil
- Transcendent man, the movie about Ray Kurzweil by Barry Ptolemy
- The Technological Singularity
- Friendship is optimal, the My Little Pony fan fiction
- Moore’s law
- The Singularity Is Near by Ray Kurzweil
- The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield (audible)
- Maps of Meaningby Jordan B. Peterson
More by Future Thinkers:
- Future of Work with Jon Myers and Terry Lin (FTP008)
- Cyborg Buddha – Transhuman Enlightenment with James Hughes (FTP025)
- The Science Behind Synchronicity with Dr. Kirby Surprise (FTP037)
- Mapping the Mind and Finding Meaning with Dr. Jordan B. Peterson (FTP038)
Comments are closed.
YES! You guys are rad, I always liked you Mike :) Let’s work together somehow! You two are living with MOXY.