Our guest in this episode is Daniel Christian Wahl, a biologist, educator, whole systems designer, and author of Designing Regenerative Cultures.
Daniel lives on Majorca, and works locally and internationally as a consultant, educator and activist.
We talk about what being regenerative means in practice, and how different ways of knowing affect the way we act in the world and design our communities. We also discuss the role of humans on planet Earth, and the importance of being in right relationship with technology, nature, and the process of life as a whole.
In This Episode of Future Thinkers:
- How becoming a parent changes one’s worldview and re-patterns them to live in the present
- Why intentional communities fail
- How to create regenerative cultures around finding the right questions instead of seeking answers
- What the main problem with science is today and how to overcome it
- Looking at technology as a temporary expression of human intelligence
- How to nurture the right participation in living systems
- How to create the synthesis between the heady and the embodied way of life
- Using psychedelics and plant medicines for personal development
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Daniel Christian Wahl’s Website and Patreon
- Designing for Sustainability on Medium
- Future Thinkers Smart Village
- Designing Regenerative Cultures by Daniel Christian Wahl
More From Future Thinkers:
- FTP130: Nora Bateson and Joe Brewer – Earth Regeneration Q&A
- FTP127: Nora Bateson – Healing a Disintegrating Society
- FTP126: Joe Brewer – Regenerating the Earth
- FTP093,094: Douglas Rushkoff – Why Humans Matter in a Future with Transhumanism